Saturday, February 23, 2008

''Total Sale'' during Belgrade riots


A video of two young women looting during the latest rioting in Belgrade has fast become a hit on YouTube. The women, running amok, go on a free ''shopping spree'' grabbing handbags and Adidas shoes and clothing from the swankiest stores...sometimes in their teeth - all the while filmed by an amateur cameraman. I post this video to highlight what I find to be an intriguing aspect of human behaviour when social order breaks down - people remain brand hungry. Definite potential for a dissertation. hmmm.

(source: Reuters)

1 comment:

Katy A said...

Adman,
My name is Katy and I'm an American college student on the verge of graduating. I came across your blog searching for account planning resources and have added it to my RSS, it's a very good read. If you have the time I would love to ask you a few questions about planning and the industry, and any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Katy Alonzo
plingyplang@gmail.com