Sunday, May 21, 2006

Anything else is just pants...

I was flipping through an old magazine at my brother's place the other day and this ad just leapt out. It did one thing right - it's so horrifyingly bad that you can't help but notice it.

Here's the copy:

"HOM is not just anybody. The target is the active man whatever his age.
He’s a winner!
He succeeds and is seductive in both his professional and private life.
HOM overturns and changes habits in underwear, homewear and beachwear
HOM forces respect as a leader and sets the trends for tomorrow’s fashion
At the age of great ambitions, HOM’s dynamism and expertise means that best is yet to come!"

I don't know what's sadder - the ad or this mental image I have of the copywriter adding it to his portfolio blissfully unaware of just how bad it is. I won't even comment on the model's "come hither" look.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that HOM should rebrand itself as "HOMO"...and then everything would just make sense in the world.

Anonymous said...

Please don't think any less of me. I apologize for keeping that magazine at my apartment, but i was actually using it as a place mat.

Adman said...

You're forgiven bro. It's good material.